Hello, I'm William. This is a very old page. Before you were born, all web pages used to look like this.
For my professional accomplishments, such as they are, I refer you to my Linkedin profile.
Ancient stuff that I no longer work on includes:
- A derelict blog.
- Heliotrope, a personal email server for people with a lot of mail, and its glorious ncurses client, Turnsole.
- Whistlepig, a minimalist realtime full-text search index.
- LevelDB-Ruby, Ruby bindings to LevelDB, Google's fast, open-source in-process key-value store.
- Console, a Ruby library for properly displaying super-ASCII strings on the console.
- Whisper, my weblog platform.
- William's miscellaneous git tools.
- Trollop, a Ruby command-line processing / command-line argument parsing library.
- Ritex, a LaTeX math to MathML markup converter.
- Sup, an email client for people with lots of mail.
- Ditz, a distributed issue tracker.
- RubyTorrent, a Ruby BitTorrent library which is current unmaintained and please don't ask me for help with it.
- A post about how to rank products based on user input
- A post about how to smooth user votes
- A post about understanding the "Bayesian Average"
- A post entitled Bayes vs MLE: an estimation theory fairy tale
- An ancient slide deck about Hypothesis Testing for NLP
You may reach me via SMTP or XMPP at this domain under the username "wmorgan".